Pakistan’s economy is mainly based on Agriculture. However, in the recent years the cultivable land, water resources are also drastically exhausting day by day. To keep pace with the increased food and clothing requirements of ever growing population, the best alternative is to increase the productivity per unit area and make the agriculture sustainable through adequate supply of quality seeds having high yield potential, excellent quality, tolerance to biotic and abiotic stresses. In view of this, Zamad Seed Corporation was established in 2010. The Board of Directors are basically from the rural background which is in real sense helps to know the problems of farming community.
The company started with the mission on need based Research and Development, so as to uplift the rural farmers who are mainly dependent on agriculture. In view of this, supply of quality seeds well in time at affordable prices is imperative.
To Serve our farmers and maintain our position as a leader in seeds industry.
We intend to achieve this goal by:
- Understanding that quality means complete conformance to agreed customer and user expectations, requirements & satisfaction standards.
- Understanding that quality is everybody’s direct responsibility and they should continually endeavor to improve processes to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Putting our best effort every time for timely achievement of organization and departmental targets, not compromising on quality, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring control of operational variations, through continuous training of personnel for improving service skills and know-how.
- Operating all our work places in a safe and healthy environment and improve employee satisfaction.
- Ensuring our quality of services by improving quality bonds with our suppliers and vendors.
- We must all be dedicated to this mission. Our reputation depends on all of us working as a team to satisfy and retain the single most important person in our business, “the farmer”.
Research & Innovation
Development (R&D) and Innovation are key factors in the seed industry, which have enabled outstanding achievements with impressive productivity gains in the last century. The resultant prosperity has ensured an abundant and safe food supply to suffice the needs of an ever growing global population. Remarkable successes which energized and empowered the green revolution relied to a great extent on public funds supporting research in public institutions. Today, however, R&D plays a crucial role in the growth of private companies and consequently they are making sizeable investments in R & D. There has been a paradigm shift in crop variety R&D over the past 10 years, which has evolved from being predominantly public to predominantly private.
Leading agriculture to the next green revolution, several private sector seed companies have witnessed spectacular progress from small operations to large integrated enterprises with advanced capabilities of variety development and seed production, conditioning, and marketing. Towing a similar line, Zamad Seeds has been consistently focusing on R&D and innovation, meeting the excating needs of the farmers and the agriculture industry and making significant contributions to seed R&D in India.
A New Focus
Zamad Seeds has made giant strides in the new millennium with a distinctive and well defined focus on introducing new hybrids not only in cotton, but also in corn, rice and vegetables that benefit – farmers significantly through higher yields and superior quality produce. To achieve the above objective, Zamad Seeds places a strong emphasis on research in its plant breeding programmes. Highly qualified and competent plant breeders work rigorously utilizing new germplasm and modern technologies to develop hybrids in different crops which possess higher resistance to pests, diseases and enhanced quality and offer extensive adaptability.
Zamad Seeds has an advanced R&D unit located at sounding of Sadqabad (Punjab) Pakistan with fully irrigated research farms of over 670 acres covering all agro-climatic zones of the country.